While not 100% mandatory, you're going to want to wear a jersey (or game sweater) during Darty SZN.
There are no real decorations associated with a Darty, at least not specifically so.
Drinking Games to Play
Outdoor drinking games are best. A Cornhole set or lawn darts will go a long way toward keeping the competition high as well.
Food & Drink
The number one drink for a Darty is the Black Out Rage Gallon. Not sure we've ever been to a Darty without seeing a minimum of at least 20-30 people rocking B.O.R.G.s.
This all depends on where the daytime party occurs. Some Darties have live bands, some have DJs, and some are just powered up by someone's Smart Speaker.
- Don't get arrested. That is truly the most important rule of attending a Darty. You're in public, so the likelihood that you will run into the law (including campus security) is much, much higher.
Darty vs Party
A Darty is simply a type of party.
What is Darty Gras?
Darty Gras is a wild party that seems to have started in Alabama (we didn't make it up). It's exactly what you would think, a Mardi Gras style party, only during the day.
How do you survive a Darty, or Darty Season?
- Eat Food. Don't let yourself go hungry. It's going to be a long day/season, so always consume enough protein and carbs to pull you through the day.
- Wear Comfortable Clothes. Darties aren't the same as going to the club. So wear high heels at your own risk.
- Drink Water. And lots of it. Staying hydrated is only half the battle.
- Know Your Limits. This might just be the most important tip of them all.