The Best Drinking Games to Play on St. Patrick's Day
All of the drinking games you didn't know you needed to play on March 17th.
Written by DP | Updated
An Irish-themed version of the Power Hour. Essentially, the Irish Hour should follow all of the rules of the Power Hour - taking one shot of beer at the top of every minute of the hour (60 shots), only you replace the music you're listening to with classic Irish drinking songs.
There's one exception on the music, we will allow you to combine popular music with Ireland's second favorite export after Guinness, the band U2.
The Irish Takedown
Real simple, challenge a person of Irish descent to a chugging contest. Bonus points if you're Irish. Double bonus points if they're actually from Ireland.
Loser buys the next round.
The Irish Name Game
Another simple game, well, by the rules of it. Find a friend and ask them to pronounce the names below. If they get it right, you drink. If they get it wrong, they drink. Also, consider the word, "Slainte" as a tiebreaker.
Irish Potato Pass
Play hot potato, only with booze. When the music stops playing, the person holding the potato drinks the drink.
Green Beer Flip Cup
Play by the normal rules of Flip Cup, only add Green Dye to your pitcher of beer first.
St. Patty's Bingo
Print out a 5x5 card with common things people see or experience during a day out drinking and partying during St. Patrick's Day.
- A person who claims Irish ancestry but does not have an Irish Surname
- A person with an Irish Surname
- Find a person who can name 3 U2 songs
- Green Mardi Gras Beads
- Green or Shamrock-Shaped Lights on a String
- If someone utters the Irish Blessing
- Seeing the words "Kiss me, I'm Irish"
- Someone drinking a Guinness
- Someone slurring their words
- Someone wearing a festive hat
- Someone wearing a festive headband
- Someone wearing green
- The phrase "Top o' the morning"
- The word "Slainte"
The Irish Stumble
It's basically just a pub crawl.